Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Safari Decorations

For my nephew's 2nd birthday, in addition the to cake and chocolate pretzel sticks I made, I also made some minor safari decorations. I found these paper mache animals at Deserres which were on sale during Christmas. I LOVE the giraffe! 

Here they are pre-spray painted:

Life: Designed
Life: Designed
 Instead of painting boxes green, I used green tissue paper and some twine to make little platforms.

Life: Designed
 This beautiful elephant, straight from Africa was gifted to my sister from a friend:
Life: Designed
The leaves are backwards! Funny how I didn't even notice as I took the picture...


Now what to with cups...It's so bad for the environment but I admit it... we use plastic or styrofoam cups for parties.I didn't want to just write our names on the cups with a marker like we normally do so I printed off some animal prints and jazzed up the cups. Initially I was going to print everyone's names on the cups but ended up just leaving a space for people to write their own names. 


Life: Designed
The zebra print was much more popular! 


For parties I life to always make some sort of banner:


Life: Designed
For this banner I designed it in Publisher using various animals prints as a background. I also made a smaller banner for the fireplace with Lion King characters because my nephew LOVES Lion King but I forgot to take a picture of it.


I put that banner more at eye level so the little guy could enjoy it. He loves Scar. Should we be worried? Haha


And lastly, I made this lion cut out for the kids (and adults) to put their heads through. At first my nephew was more interested at looking at the lion than putting his head through it but that's okay. He can do whatever he wants. He is the birthday boy after all!

Life: Designed
 They call it the terrible 2's but year 2 is my favourite year in a child's life!

2 comments: