Friday, January 27, 2012

Necklace Display

I have a love/hate relationship with necklaces. 
I love wearing them, I hate storing them. 


There are lots of creative ways of hanging necklaces that I've seen on the internet but I just never around to doing anything about my small collection.


Currently I have a huge styrofoam sheet leaning on my desk, leaning against the wall with thumbtacks holding up my necklaces. The styrofoam is a left over piece from a school project and is currently being used as a bulletin/jewelry board. It's sad. I know.


Here's a little snippet of some of my necklaces on "display":


Life: Designed
The pins aren't even lined up... and I get so lazy I hang multiple necklaces on each tack...I told you it's a sad situation.


A little while ago I was at the Nood outlet store and I came across these candle stick holders. (What does this have to do with my necklace situation? Hang in there.. it's coming).




I wasn't sure how I felt about these when I first saw them...but the big one was marked down from $12.50 to $4.50 and the little one was only $2.50- if anything I'm sure they would look okay on a bookshelf or something.


The guy ended up giving both of them to me for $5.00. I can live with that.


I took them home and they sat on my messy side table for a while.. no real home, no purpose- should I have saved that $5 bucks and bought a mocha instead?


Then one day I was rearranging my room so down came the styrofoam board and the necklaces. I needed somewhere to put them so I just quickly placed them over the candle holder. I did a double take. Genius!


The candle holders act as little mannequins! (In the above pic doesn't it look like an armless lady wearing an A-Line dress?)


So now I have 2 of my statement necklaces on "display".


Life: Designed

Life: Designed

I turned a thrift shop mirror into a tray to complete the display!




Whenever I see it or walk past it, I secretly pretend (just for a second) that I'm shopping at a little boutique. Haha... 

(The mirror was actually a fabulous find at the thrift shop. I got 3 of them in perfect condition for $9. I've had them for about a year and haven't been able to bring myself to paint them because I love the worn out/antique look they've got going on.)



Are statement necklaces still "in"? 
I don't care if they're "out", I love them- even if they're just eye candy. =)

I've actually never worn the gold and pink one. I bought both necklaces for my friend's wedding (I was a bridesmaid) a little over a year ago and ended up wearing the one on the right which went better with the dress. I can't bring myself to part with either one- the black one for sentimental value... and I just love the gold one!

I also have this statement necklace that I wore when I was my eldest sister's maid of honour just two months prior to my friend's wedding:

Life: Designed
Now THAT'S a chunky monkey!


I want to display it differently than the other two... but I don't know how yet. Here's to hoping for another happy accident!


How do you store your necklaces? The chunky and the delicate.

5 comments:

  1. Hi Nancy! I love your necklace collection~! And what a great way to display them!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Total AWESOMENESS!!! I love how you display your beautiful necklaces!!! Thanks for sharing at Overflowing with Creativity! I'm excited to be your newest follower and would love for you to share the 'love' if you haven't yet. :) Here's a link in case you hadn't had a chance to register for my giveaway yet!

    Ramsign Giveaway: Porcelain Enamel Sign {up to $99 value}

    XO, Aimee

    ReplyDelete
  3. such a great ideaaa!! perfect for all the statement necklaces that we're using these days, instead of the long ones that look ok hanging on the pins!

    ReplyDelete