Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Interface Flor Award Nomination!

Our final project for last semester was to design an office for Virgin Group

Source
We had one entire floor, plus a portion of the floor above it. In total it was 16,000 square feet in the Scotia Tower in downtown Vancouver.
This was a lot of fun to design but as you might imagine... stressful. Designing a space of this magnitude by yourself is crazy talk. But we all did it. And a mighty fine job we did! I am constantly impressed with the work our class pumps out.

Every year Interface Flor offers an our program an award for the most sustainable office design in Year 3.
Myself and 2 other classmates were nominated by our instructors for this award! Crazy! Amazing!

Interface Flor
Side note: I love companies that actually care about and support us mere students! It baffles me when companies snub us because we are "just" students. They don't have the foresight to see that we will one day be designers! In school we meet a lot of people in the industry: vendors, sales representatives, etc and trust me, we remember the good, the bad and the ugly. I'm happy to report 95% have been phenomenal!

Our projects will be sent to Interface where they will decide on the winner. I wish we could all win! All 19 of us work so hard and do such amazing work that it would be awesome if EVERYONE walked away with some acknowledgment. 

I think that's what really matters to us. Don't get me wrong, the money is awesome! Especially since our Chile trip is going to cost about $4,000/person...

But I think what we all desire is acknowledgment that we did good work.

I'd be lying if I said I didn't care about winning. I would REALLY love to receive this award!

That doesn't mean I don't wish my fellow nominees all the best because I truly do. 

One of the nominees is a dear friend of mine and I am so proud of her!

No comments:

Post a Comment