Monday, January 09, 2012

Back to School

Pinterest
Most people went back to school last Tuesday but lucky me I don't start until today! 

Actually, I had it in my head that I didn't start until tomorrow! Good thing I received a Facebook message from a classmate that said, "see you on Monday!"
What would we do without Facebook? And to think I was so opposed to FB for years.

3 more semesters (including this one) and I'll be done this interior design degree program!

The plan is to keep on blogging even during school but we'll see how it goes. For the past 2-1/2 years when school was in session, I had my blinders on and all I did, see, think, breathe was school. I hope to make some healthy adjustments this year.


Pinterest
This might seem like an exaggeration but trust me... it's not. This program has been one of the hardest things I've ever done in my life. Sometimes I think it's just me and that I make it harder than it is, but no. I know I'm not crazy.


Hard is not the right word to use... Physics is hard. 
Interior Design is more than time consuming. It's life consuming. And not always in the greatest way. It's hard to explain this to people who are not in the program. If I wasn't experiencing it, I wouldn't get it. 


With interior design you are problem solving but it's not like math where there is one answer.

As with anything creative, there really is no end. You could go on forever making adjustments trying to make it better. The end only comes when you hit that deadline. 



I could go on and gripe about school for days but I have to say, as demanding as this program is, it is quite rewarding. I guess that's usually the case. You can't fully appreciate something unless you word hard to achieve it. 


Back to school I go. Something to look forward to: Chile! (We're not actually going to Easter Island, but who can say Chile and not think of these amazing sculptures?


Source
This trip at the end of April is part of the cirriculum to learn about design in a different culture and to be exposed to something quite different from what what we know and see in North America and of course to ultimately....be inspired. 


After all without inspiration, what can be created?


It's going to be epic.

No comments:

Post a Comment